PHASE 2 DAY 36

4 August 2023

Friday 


As my internship at St Mary's higher secondary school continues each day gave me new experiences. Today I had no scheduled classes. It provided me with an opportunity to engage in various supporting tasks, self-improvement, and peer observation.

Preparing for Upcoming Lessons:

With the students having their unit tests in the afternoon, the school was relatively quiet. This presented an opportunity for me to plan and prepare for the topics I would be teaching in the upcoming days. I reviewed the curriculum, made lesson plans, and created activity cards to enhance student engagement during the classes.

Peer Observation : 

One of the highlights of the day was conducting a peer observation of Nimmys class. I attentively observed her teaching techniques, classroom management, and student interactions. 

Evening Line Duty:

The day ended with the routine evening line duty at the school's main gate. Managing the line and ensuring student safety reinforced the importance of discipline and responsibility in a teacher.

Despite not having any scheduled classes, I engaged in meaningful activities that contributed to my growth as an aspiring teacher. From preparing for future lessons to providing constructive feedback to my peers, each task enriched my teaching journey. I look forward to implementing the lessons learned on this day in my future classes and continuing to evolve as an effective and compassionate educator.



Comments

Popular Posts